Minor error (Re: 2012 Database available)

  • dsreyn
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 24, 2013
      In AwardsPlayers, this line is wrong:

      cabremi01,Triple Crown,2012,NL,,

      The league should be AL, not NL.

      Doug

      --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, Sean Lahman <seanlahman@...> wrote:

      > Friends,
      >
      > I posted the update yesterday, available at the link below. I added the
      > 2013 HOF voting results (as exciting as they were) and some new additions
      > to the awards tables. (I added all of the TSN awards and the Baseball
      > Magazine all-star teams).
      >
      > Thanks to Kevin Johnson for his help with the awards data, and to Hans Van
      > Slooten for building the SQL version of the database. And to all of you
      > who helped hit the beta version hard to find bugs. And special thanks to
      > Ted Turocy for bringing the considerable weight of his Chadwick Bureau to
      > bear on the task of maintaining this database.
      >
      > Also, for folks whose interests extend beyond baseball, there's a sneak
      > preview of some open source databases for other sports...
      >
      > http://www.seanlahman.com/2013/01/2012-baseball-database-available/
      >
      > --Sean
      >
      > ---
      > Sean Lahman
      > http://seanlahman.com

    • mirv
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 28, 2013
        I notice that there is no attendance data for 2010 in the Teams table. This has been the case ever since stats were released after the 2010 season. (Does anyone know where to get the correct data?)

        And a minor problem: there are two players in the Master table with the same playerID "baezda01". The second one should be "baezjo01"

        459,baezda01,,,1977,9,10,Cuba,,Pinar Del Rio,,,,,,,Danys,Baez,,Denis (Gonzalez),,225,75,R,R,5/13/2001,,,baezda01,baezda01,baezd001,baezda01,baezda01

        460,baezda01,,,1953,12,31,D.R.,,San Cristobal,,,,,,,Jose,Baez,born Jose Antonio Mota (Baez),Jose Antonio,,160,68,R,R,4/6/1977,6/6/1978,,baezjo01,baezjo01,baezj101,baezjo01,baezjo01

        Is this in fact the right place to report such errors?

        Thanks

        Mark

        --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "dsreyn" <dreynolds@...> wrote:

        > In AwardsPlayers, this line is wrong:
        >
        > cabremi01,Triple Crown,2012,NL,,
        >
        > The league should be AL, not NL.
        >
        > Doug
        >
        > --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, Sean Lahman <seanlahman@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Friends,
        > >
        > > I posted the update yesterday, available at the link below. I added the
        > > 2013 HOF voting results (as exciting as they were) and some new additions
        > > to the awards tables. (I added all of the TSN awards and the Baseball
        > > Magazine all-star teams).
        > >
        > > Thanks to Kevin Johnson for his help with the awards data, and to Hans Van
        > > Slooten for building the SQL version of the database. And to all of you
        > > who helped hit the beta version hard to find bugs. And special thanks to
        > > Ted Turocy for bringing the considerable weight of his Chadwick Bureau to
        > > bear on the task of maintaining this database.
        > >
        > > Also, for folks whose interests extend beyond baseball, there's a sneak
        > > preview of some open source databases for other sports...
        > >
        > > http://www.seanlahman.com/2013/01/2012-baseball-database-available/
        > >
        > > --Sean
        > >
        > > ---
        > > Sean Lahman
        > > http://seanlahman.com

      • John Rickert
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 28, 2013
          I needed to add the correct data for my statistics class, so here's a copy of the relevant lines -

          2010,AL,BAL,1733019
          2010,AL,BOS,3046445
          2010,AL,CHA,2194378
          2010,AL,CLE,1391644
          2010,AL,DET,2461237
          2010,AL,KCA,1615327
          2010,AL,LAA,3250814
          2010,AL,MIN,3223640
          2010,AL,NYA,3765807
          2010,AL,OAK,1418391
          2010,AL,SEA,2085630
          2010,AL,TBA,1864999
          2010,AL,TEX,2505171
          2010,AL,TOR,1495482
          2010,NL,ARI,2056697
          2010,NL,ATL,2510119
          2010,NL,CHN,3062973
          2010,NL,CIN,2060550
          2010,NL,COL,2875245
          2010,NL,FLO,1524894
          2010,NL,HOU,2331490
          2010,NL,LAN,3562320
          2010,NL,MIL,2776531
          2010,NL,NYN,2559738
          2010,NL,PHI,3777322
          2010,NL,PIT,1613399
          2010,NL,SDN,2131774
          2010,NL,SFN,3037443
          2010,NL,SLN,3301218
          2010,NL,WAS,1828066

          On Apr 28, 2013, at 5:52 PM, mirv wrote:

          I notice that there is no attendance data for 2010 in the Teams table. This has been the case ever since stats were released after the 2010 season. (Does anyone know where to get the correct data?)

          And a minor problem: there are two players in the Master table with the same playerID "baezda01". The second one should be "baezjo01"

          459,baezda01,,,1977,9,10,Cuba,,Pinar Del Rio,,,,,,,Danys,Baez,,Denis (Gonzalez),,225,75,R,R,5/13/2001,,,baezda01,baezda01,baezd001,baezda01,baezda01

          460,baezda01,,,1953,12,31,D.R.,,San Cristobal,,,,,,,Jose,Baez,born Jose Antonio Mota (Baez),Jose Antonio,,160,68,R,R,4/6/1977,6/6/1978,,baezjo01,baezjo01,baezj101,baezjo01,baezjo01

          Is this in fact the right place to report such errors?

          Thanks

          Mark

          --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "dsreyn" <dreynolds@...> wrote:

          > In AwardsPlayers, this line is wrong:
          >
          > cabremi01,Triple Crown,2012,NL,,
          >
          > The league should be AL, not NL.
          >
          > Doug
          >
          > --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, Sean Lahman <seanlahman@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Friends,
          > >
          > > I posted the update yesterday, available at the link below. I added the
          > > 2013 HOF voting results (as exciting as they were) and some new additions
          > > to the awards tables. (I added all of the TSN awards and the Baseball
          > > Magazine all-star teams).
          > >
          > > Thanks to Kevin Johnson for his help with the awards data, and to Hans Van
          > > Slooten for building the SQL version of the database. And to all of you
          > > who helped hit the beta version hard to find bugs. And special thanks to
          > > Ted Turocy for bringing the considerable weight of his Chadwick Bureau to
          > > bear on the task of maintaining this database.
          > >
          > > Also, for folks whose interests extend beyond baseball, there's a sneak
          > > preview of some open source databases for other sports...
          > >
          > > http://www.seanlahman.com/2013/01/2012-baseball-database-available/
          > >
          > > --Sean
          > >
          > > ---
          > > Sean Lahman
          > > http://seanlahman.com

        • Clay Dreslough
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 28, 2013
          • 1 Attachment
          • 518 KB
          On 4/28/2013 5:52 PM, mirv wrote:
          > I notice that there is no attendance data for 2010 in the Teams table.
          > This has been the case ever since stats were released after the 2010
          > season. (Does anyone know where to get the correct data?)

          Attached is a CSV version of the Teams file, including 2010 attendance data.

          Clay
        • Chris Lambrou
          Message 5 of 8 , Apr 29, 2013
            While we are on the subject - has anyone attempted to research attendance records from 1871-1915?

            -Chris