Baseball Databank Online

  • David
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2013
      Fans of Baseball Statistics:

      I put the Baseball Databank into an online database, where you
      (anonymously even) can query the database with SQL.

      Look at: http://baseball.rdbhost.com

      The views are in a schema 'sl', and use the same table-names and same
      field-names as Sean Lahman's database configuration. The database
      was populated using the 2012update branch on
      github.com/chadwickbureau/baseballdatabank. In addition to views
      that match Lahman's tables, I also created views that provide data
      filtered to 1900-on, and for 1969-on.

      In addition to regular SELECT queries, you can also create temporary
      tables. Be aware that the lifetime of a temporary table here is one
      request, so the temporary table has to be created and used all in one
      form submission.

      There are some simple queries in the sidebar to illustrate how the
      tables and columns are named and should be entered in queries. If you
      create or find useful queries that you wish to share, you can add them
      to the sidebar yourself. For this, you need to login using an OpenID
      account (any yahoo or gmail account will do).

      There is a very simple charting capability, as well; I expect this
      will develop more over the year.

      Enjoy

      David Keeney

      --