Batting tbl - g_batting missing

  • chrislambrou
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 11, 2013
      Looks like the G_batting field for 2012 is missing in the batting table.

      I see it populated in the appearances table but that table is missing the second stint for players in 2012 when applicable.

      Let me know if I'm missing something. Thanks.
      -Chris
    • daddio1949too
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 30, 2014

        In the Lahman database (as of Feb. 14, 2014) this anomaly for the field G_batting still exists.  In 2012 the field G_batting shows missing values for numerous players that should have values.  The missing values appear only in 2012 and not for other years.

        How to identify these  rows in batting?

        I created a SQLite database from the CSV file, but the values also show in the Access file.  A list of these players can be obtained using the SQL query:

        SELECT playerID, teamID, yearID, G, G_batting, AB  from batting WHERE yearID=2012 and G_batting='' and (AB>0 AND AB <>'');

        Here are the first 7 instances.

        playerID

        teamID

        yearID