Pitch count data; sources.

  • N. S. Miceli, Ph.D.
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2013
      Hi,

      Apologies for cross-posting.

      I'm wanting to do analysis of pitch counts, and was wondering what was
      the best source for the data? Is there a site with that data, or would I
      be better off generating it myself from Retrosheet data?

      In one of his academic articles, Jim Albert referenced downloading data
      from MLB.com and using that for various purposes. If anyone here has
      tried that approach, I'd be interesting in finding out more in direct
      contact.

      Nick Miceli
    • N. S. Miceli, Ph.D.
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2013
        For anyone else considering working on pitch count related data, you'll
        want to check out Mike Fast's postings on his "Fast Balls" web site.

        http://fastballs.wordpress.com/2007/08/23/how-to-build-a-pitch-database/

        Nick Miceli
      • Michael Westbay
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2013