Re: [baseball-databank] git repository and issue tracker

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2013
      > Group,
      >
      > Starting in 2013, Chadwick Baseball Bureau will be helping Sean out
      > providing some logistical support for maintaining the databank.

      Having Lahman continue to be the lead, and now having Ted providing
      support on some specific items is wonderful news.

      Hopefully, this will spur others to provide dedicated support. I think
      what was lacking in the past is some solid base and some fresh blood.
      Sean+Ted can provide that solid base, so any prospective providers should
      feel confident that their own efforts can be leveraged.

      Tom
    • Geoff Buchan
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 18, 2013
        Thanks for making this available via github!

        I do have a question which I've also submitted as an issue, but may be relevant to people looking at the data for the first time.

        I see there are 3 branches currently:
        master
        2012update
        lahman_alpha

        2012 update is apparently 6 revisions ahead of master, and lahman_alpha is 1 revision ahead. In particular, I noticed Bryce Harper did not exist in the Master.csv file or in Batting.csv of master, but he does appear in the other two branches in both places. So I'm assuming that the current master does not yet have 2012 updates applied.

        Once again, thanks for helping make this resource readily available and keeping it going!

        Regards,

        Geoff
      • Theodore Turocy
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 19, 2013
          All,

          The 2013 release has not yet been integrated into github, as I need to sit down and canonicalise the tables so that they'll be git-friendly.

          I do not have a particular timeline for when that'll happen, other than "as soon as I can."

          TLT
          --
          Dr Theodore L Turocy
          Chadwick Baseball Bureau