Re: [baseball-databank] Minor League Stats Project Update

  • Mark Knopper
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 14, 2012

      I'd consider helping with this. I am the author of the iPhone app, "Baseball Statistics 2012 Edition". I've been updating the app with the latest Lahman/Forman data for the last few years. I wrote some Mac apps to convert the CSV files into an SQLite database for the iPhone app. It would sure be great to if minor league data was available. Let me know what kind of help you might need.

      On Sep 13, 2012, at 2:16 PM, Paul Reeths <paul.reeths@...> wrote:

      Just wanted to provide a quick update on the minor league statistical database project. I've heard from several people who want to assist the project in various ways. If you're interested in helping or just staying informed about our progress but haven't contacted me, shoot me an email, and I'd be happy to keep you in the loop. Also, if you know of anyone else off list who is interested in minor league statistics, feel free to share my email address with them.

      This week we took steps to finalize our database structure. We've also begun combing through some roster information, and we were provided a limited set of data.

      Lots more to do, but that's one of the exciting aspects of the project. Any questions or comments, please let me know.

      Paul Reeths