Re: 2012 Master Table

  • dangerwhatevs
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 10, 2012
      Sorry Kevin,

      I've since learned the art of indexing and that fixed my speed issues. Operator ignorance. I appreciate the concern, though.

      --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "kevine323" <kevine323@...> wrote:

      > Can you post your query?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Kevin
      >
      > --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "dangerwhatevs" <jamesgentile@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I've noticed that any query involving a join with the Master table in the latest 2011 Lahman download seems to stall indefinitely. When I run the same query in the old 2010 BDB it runs quickly. Does anyone else have this problem?

    • Matthew Gargano
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 11, 2012
        Good old PEBCAK!

        On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:17 PM, dangerwhatevs <jamesgentile@...> wrote:
        Sorry Kevin,

        I've since learned the art of indexing and that fixed my speed issues. Operator ignorance. I appreciate the concern, though.

        --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "kevine323" <kevine323@...> wrote:

        > Can you post your query?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Kevin
        >
        > --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "dangerwhatevs" <jamesgentile@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I've noticed that any query involving a join with the Master table in the latest 2011 Lahman download seems to stall indefinitely. When I run the same query in the old 2010 BDB it runs quickly. Does anyone else have this problem?

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            baseball-databank-digest@yahoogroups.com
            baseball-databank-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • kevine323
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 11, 2012
          Gotcha! I just came across this group and the database yesterday, so I'm pretty stoked. This brings my two passions together, baseball and database (I'm a SQL database administrator).