Re: 2012 Master Table

  • kevine323
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 10, 2012
      Can you post your query?

      Thanks,
      Kevin

      --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "dangerwhatevs" <jamesgentile@...> wrote:

      > I've noticed that any query involving a join with the Master table in the latest 2011 Lahman download seems to stall indefinitely. When I run the same query in the old 2010 BDB it runs quickly. Does anyone else have this problem?

    • dangerwhatevs
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10, 2012
        Sorry Kevin,

        I've since learned the art of indexing and that fixed my speed issues. Operator ignorance. I appreciate the concern, though.

        --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "kevine323" <kevine323@...> wrote:

        > Can you post your query?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Kevin
        >
        > --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "dangerwhatevs" <jamesgentile@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I've noticed that any query involving a join with the Master table in the latest 2011 Lahman download seems to stall indefinitely. When I run the same query in the old 2010 BDB it runs quickly. Does anyone else have this problem?

      • Matthew Gargano
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 11, 2012
          Good old PEBCAK!

          On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:17 PM, dangerwhatevs <jamesgentile@...> wrote:
          Sorry Kevin,

          I've since learned the art of indexing and that fixed my speed issues. Operator ignorance. I appreciate the concern, though.

          --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "kevine323" <kevine323@...> wrote:

          > Can you post your query?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Kevin
          >
          > --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "dangerwhatevs" <jamesgentile@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I've noticed that any query involving a join with the Master table in the latest 2011 Lahman download seems to stall indefinitely. When I run the same query in the old 2010 BDB it runs quickly. Does anyone else have this problem?

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              baseball-databank-digest@yahoogroups.com
              baseball-databank-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • kevine323
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 11, 2012
            Gotcha! I just came across this group and the database yesterday, so I'm pretty stoked. This brings my two passions together, baseball and database (I'm a SQL database administrator).