2012 Master Table

  • dangerwhatevs
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2012
      I've noticed that any query involving a join with the Master table in the latest 2011 Lahman download seems to stall indefinitely. When I run the same query in the old 2010 BDB it runs quickly. Does anyone else have this problem?
    • kevine323
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10, 2012
        Can you post your query?

        Thanks,
        Kevin

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 10, 2012
          Sorry Kevin,

          I've since learned the art of indexing and that fixed my speed issues. Operator ignorance. I appreciate the concern, though.

          --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "kevine323" <kevine323@...> wrote:

          > Can you post your query?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Kevin
          >
          > --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "dangerwhatevs" <jamesgentile@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I've noticed that any query involving a join with the Master table in the latest 2011 Lahman download seems to stall indefinitely. When I run the same query in the old 2010 BDB it runs quickly. Does anyone else have this problem?

        • Matthew Gargano
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 11, 2012
            Good old PEBCAK!

            On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:17 PM, dangerwhatevs <jamesgentile@...> wrote:
            Sorry Kevin,

            I've since learned the art of indexing and that fixed my speed issues. Operator ignorance. I appreciate the concern, though.

            --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "kevine323" <kevine323@...> wrote:

            > Can you post your query?
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Kevin
            >
            > --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "dangerwhatevs" <jamesgentile@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I've noticed that any query involving a join with the Master table in the latest 2011 Lahman download seems to stall indefinitely. When I run the same query in the old 2010 BDB it runs quickly. Does anyone else have this problem?

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                baseball-databank-digest@yahoogroups.com
                baseball-databank-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • kevine323
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 11, 2012
              Gotcha! I just came across this group and the database yesterday, so I'm pretty stoked. This brings my two passions together, baseball and database (I'm a SQL database administrator).