Draft data

  • chrislambrou
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2012
      I don't see any draft info in the master table and no external files that seem to contain this - is there a source for draft data elsewhere?

      Is this one of those times I should contribute to the project and compile my own to upload?

      Thanks,
      -Chris
    • railsplitter_44
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2012
        The only free data that I know of is from the retrosheet transactions database. But this will only contain draft info from players who made it to the major leagues. But since most players don't make it, a lot of the draft picks will be missing.

        If you are willing to contribute the remaining data, I'm sure we all would be appreciative. But I can imagine that manually adding this data would take a lot of time.

        If you are looking for a starting point with the retrosheet data, send me an email (danielghirsch@...) and I'll send you an excel sheet that has this data with databank's player and teamID's

        Dan Hirsch

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2012
          The data has been compiled, as you can see here:

          However, to my knowledge that dataset has not been publicly released.