Re: [baseball-databank] player IDs in Master but not in Appearances

  • Clem Comly
    Message 1 of 5 , May 17, 2012
      Yes, Rex Smith.  Thanks, Kevin.  But all existing smithre01 records will need stint = 2 (Fielding,Pitching, Batting) before changing smith02 to smithre01.

      These changes will reduce the count for query 5 from 5 to 2.  The 2 are Kiger (whose only ML experience was in post-season) and Hemond (winner Branch Rickey Award so in AwardsPlayers).

      Clem Comly

      Message 2 of 5 , May 19, 2012
        I downloaded Access version and it doesn’t come with consistency queries and posted consistency queries each need manual updating to run in access.

        For instance, I found an appearance row with a bad playerID.  For NYA for 2011 playerID “burneaj” s/b “burneaj01”.  I found no 2011 Fielding row for either player ID.

        Clem Comly