player IDs in Master but not in Appearances

  • Clem Comly
    Message 1 of 5 , May 16 10:31 PM
      The latest consistency check has 5 found when 2 expected.  Two of the 5 are cases apparently where the same player is accidentally in Master twice.  It looks to me that obrieje01 was merged into obriepe01 on the Retrosheet site.  Similarly whitecb01 was merged into whitebi02.  There are 1 or 2 Fielding
      rows for each mergee and is 1 batting row.  I suspect smith02 who debuted 5/31/1886 was merged into another player but I am not sure who.

      Clem Comly
      Message 2 of 5 , May 17 10:00 PM
        I think smith02 is now smithre01 - Rex Smith?

        Message 3 of 5 , May 17 11:02 PM
          Yes, Rex Smith.  Thanks, Kevin.  But all existing smithre01 records will need stint = 2 (Fielding,Pitching, Batting) before changing smith02 to smithre01.

          These changes will reduce the count for query 5 from 5 to 2.  The 2 are Kiger (whose only ML experience was in post-season) and Hemond (winner Branch Rickey Award so in AwardsPlayers).

          Clem Comly

          Message 4 of 5 , May 18 12:48 AM
            I downloaded the ACCESS version of the DB early this week and hope it is in sync with other versions,

            Alberto reported [query 09] There are 78 rows (season 2011) that are in the Batting table but not in the Appearances
            .

            I also found 78 rows for 2011 alone.
            The 78 rows appear to be players playing for 2 or more teams in 2011.  J.C. Romero has no PHI row for 2011 in Appearances but his COL row in Appearances has his combined totals for both teams.  Looking quickly, it appears most or all traded players are
            missing an Appearances row.

            BTW a
            ll of Youklis’ Appearances rows except 2011 have his old player ID.  The only 20th century problem is snydeal01 in Appearances s/b snydeja01.
            There are 10 problem rows in 1880s.

            Clem Comly
          • Clem Comly
            Message 5 of 5 , May 19 2:40 PM
              I downloaded Access version and it doesn’t come with consistency queries and posted consistency queries each need manual updating to run in access.

              For instance, I found an appearance row with a bad playerID.  For NYA for 2011 playerID “burneaj” s/b “burneaj01”.  I found no 2011 Fielding row for either player ID.

              Clem Comly