Re: [baseball-databank] Newbie Help

  • Matthew Gargano
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 24 6:03 AM
      The easy way: use microsoft access

      If you are using windows, the cheaper-and-not-as-easy-but-probably-better-way is to install XAMPP (or LAMP if you have a spare computer or want to use a virtual machine) and use something like phpmyadmin which provides an easy queryable interface. I'd recommend learning PHP, IMO it makes it a helluva lot easier to process the data. With PHP you can also use the baseball tools library I created (shameless plug)  https://github.com/matstars/baseball-tools

      Net/net, if you don't want to spend a fair amount of time, access is your best bet.

      On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 12:22 AM, David J Wheeler <dj.wheeler@...> wrote:
      Being new to databases, I am wondering if someone might help me with instructions on how to query career stats from the csv data provided recently.

      I have tried opening the db file itself, but my computer locks up (as if the file is too large to process. Is there a trick to this I don't know of?

      All help is greatly appreciated.

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: