Lahman 5.9.1 Park Factors

  • Paul Golba
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2012
      I'm not sure what the source of the park factors for the database are, but I was under the assumption that it was the same as the multi-year park factors as found on baseball-reference.com.  This is true for 2008 and 2009.  However, for 2010 and 2011 the park factors do not match for the most part, in some cases being off by as much as 6 points.

      For 2011 it appears that the database has the one-year park factors on B-R.com with the exception of Milwaukee which has the three-year park factors.  For 2010 they match neither the B-R.com one-year nor multi-year.

      Is this an error or was the source of the park factors changed?

      Paul Golba