J.D. Drew bug

  • chrislambrou
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 30, 2012
      Looks like playerID for J.D. Drew in batting and fielding was set to the Baseball-ref ID.

      drewj.01 instead of drewjd01.
    • Bill Meltsner
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 30, 2012
        The same sort of issue appears to have happened with many (all?) players with initials as their first name: A.J. Burnett is burnea.01 for 2011 records, C.C. Sabathia is sabatc.01 for 2011 records, etc.

        -Bill
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 30, 2012
          Right, it looks like maybe ALL the IDs have been set to the baseball-reference ID?!
          Is that a choice, or a mistake?

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 30, 2012
            Right, they've all been changed to the baseball-reference ID convention for periods in a name.

            But not sure if this was intentional, or if it's an error.

            --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, Bill Meltsner <bill@...> wrote:

            > The same sort of issue appears to have happened with many (all?) players with initials as their first name: A.J. Burnett is burnea.01 for 2011 records, C.C. Sabathia is sabatc.01 for 2011 records, etc.
            >
            > -Bill

          • Chris Lambrou
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 30, 2012

              Yep... I got 6 more (after fixing Youkilis and J.D. Drew).   8 in total.

              burnea.01
              dicker.01
              pierza.01
              romerj.01
              romerj.01
              sabatc.01

              -Chris
            • Alberto Perdomo
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 30, 2012
                think these are the complete list...

                donnejo01 1873 WS5 NA
                donnejo01 1874 PH2 NA
                burnea.01 2011 NYA AL
                dicker.01 2011 NYN NL
                drewj.01 2011 BOS AL
                furcara02 2011 SLN NL
                furcara02 2011 STL NL
                furcara02 2011 LAN NL
                garcifr03 2011 NYA AL
                harriwi02 2011 NYN NL
                lopezro02 2011 CHN NL
                ortizra02 2011 CHN NL
                pierza.01 2011 CHA AL
                romerj.01 2011 COL NL
                romerj.01 2011 PHI NL
                rosajo01 2011 COL NL
                sabatc.01 2011 NYA AL
                sttuemi01 2011 PHI NL
                youklke01 2011 BOS AL

                On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Chris Lambrou <chrislambrou@...> wrote:

                Yep... I got 6 more (after fixing Youkilis and J.D. Drew).   8 in total.

                burnea.01
                dicker.01
                pierza.01
                romerj.01
                romerj.01
                sabatc.01

                -Chris

              • anson2995
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 31, 2012
                  --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "KJOK" <kjokbaseball@...> wrote:

                  > Right, they've all been changed to the baseball-reference ID convention for periods in a name.
                  >
                  > But not sure if this was intentional, or if it's an error.

                  An error on my part. I am working to clean up the teamIDs and playerIDs.

                  --Sean

                  ---
                  Sean Lahman
                  http://seanlahman.com
                • vansloot
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 8, 2012
                    Hi Sean,

                    I'm not sure where this netted out, but it looks like [AllstarFull]
                    still contains at least a reference to 'sabatc.01'.

                    Maybe related, there there is a playerID 'snydeal01' that appears in [Appearances] but not in [Master].

                    To the rest of the group,

                    I was curious if anyone is interested in using a online bug tracking system for tracking these types of issues. We may be able to use something as simple as code.google.com for tracking, as well as hosting sql scripts.

                    Thanks!
                    Hans