Re: 2011 Fielding stints (was Re: Beta version of database available)

  • Clem Comly
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 23, 2012
      In case anyone else was wondering, no 2011 player had two stints with same team, so no need to subdivide Fielding row into 2 rows for two different stints with same team.  If anyone wants to see a player with two stints in Fielding table with same team in same season, look at 2005's baldwja01.

      Clem Comly
    • Alberto Perdomo
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 26, 2012
        Hi, all:

        Uploaded the fielding.csv file with the stint column fixed.   Look for  new_fielding_stint_2011_fixed.zip   in the files section.

        Regards,

        Alberto

        On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Clem Comly <ccomly@...> wrote:

        In case anyone else was wondering, no 2011 player had two stints with same team, so no need to subdivide Fielding row into 2 rows for two different stints with same team.  If anyone wants to see a player with two stints in Fielding table with same team in same season, look at 2005's baldwja01.

        Clem Comly

      • mirv
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 12, 2012
          Alberto - It appears that your stint changes were not incorporated by Sean L. in the lahman59 version of Fielding.csv. Stint numbers are "1" for all 2011 fielding records. I believe it is still safe to use your "new_fielding_stint_2011_fixed.csv" with the lahman59 files. Do you agree?

          Mark