Re: [baseball-databank] Games started definition question

  • Geoff Buchan
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 25, 2011
      Thanks for the responses.

      This answers my question, and indeed that is how MLB.com treats it statistically. Oswalt doesn't get a game pitched, but he does get a game played in the batting statistics.

      I'm a tad embarrassed that the answer was indeed in the first link I sent with my original question - I didn't read the rules closely enough the first time to catch it!

      I do agree that if I'm computing innings per start, or even game, I wouldn't want to include a game where the pitcher never actually threw a pitch.