Re: 2010 stats in Access database

  • anson2995
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2011
      --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, Craig <CTOMARKIN@...> wrote:
      > That's awful. Why would someone do that? Its not like it had millions of email addresses or credit cards. Do you think it was someone doing it just to see if they could? Pretty cowardly.

      At first I thought it was an SQL-injection by a spammer looking to redirect traffic to a porn site. Turns out to have been more malicious and deliberate. But having to rebuild everything gave me an opportunity to clean things up - a mid-December spring cleaning.

      The Access database will be up later today, along with spreadsheets for folks who are so inclined.

    • ron
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2011
        thanks for including spreadsheets, Sean .. there are many things that Access can do that Excel cannot without absurd work arounds .. regardless, for quick and dirty downloads of current season data and other data published on the web, i have found Excel to be quite handy

        one last question, are there any Access or Excel specific user groups for mining baseball data past and present? if so, i'd sure like to join one .. if not, let's start one

        regards,

        ron blake
        liberty, texas