Re: [baseball-databank] 2010 BETA release
- Ok, for those who have my DB shell, the HOF table has been modified
slightly. The "needed" column is now a text field, not an integer.
> Sean, A couple of records didn't load, so I'll look into the problem---------------------------------------------
> All: I calculate the primary position for each player. This is what I
> came up with:
> I do it differently from everyone else. I first figure out what "pool"
> he's in, and then figure out his primary position in that pool.
> As an example, this player is a primarily an outfielder:
> 30 2B
> 20 LF
> 25 CF
> 22 RF
> And so, I make his primary position as CF.
The Book--Playing The Percentages In Baseball
- The master table is missing retroID for 203 new players. Here they are:
- Hi, all:First, thanks for your incredible DB!AllStar table is not present in 2010... has been deprecated in 2010?Regards,Alberto.On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 5:18 PM, Sean Forman <sean-forman@...> wrote:
- Found this 11 rows in dbo.xref_stats that have wrong StatsIDlugoru01 has 7722 but should be 6493martian01 has 7335 but should be 5972martica03 has 7721 but should be 6492martilu01 has 7194 but should be 5618mateoju02 has 7695 but should be 6465morbajo01 has 7093 but should be 5425munozar01 has 7358 but should be 6001nivarra01 has 7195 but should be 5621novoaro01 has 7389 but should be 6045nunezfr01 has 7403 but should be 6062santofr01 has 7161 but should be 5541On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Alberto Perdomo <aperdomo@...> wrote:
Hi, all:First, thanks for your incredible DB!AllStar table is not present in 2010... has been deprecated in 2010?Regards,Alberto.On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 5:18 PM, Sean Forman <sean-forman@...> wrote:
> AllStar table is not present in 2010... has been deprecated in 2010?Probably should be. The AllStarFull table has 2010 players. It has all of the data in AllStar table (and more), so the AllStar table is obsolete,
Here's a list of 2010 players in the right format if folks want to update their AllStar table.
- Looks like the Team table is still missing HBP and SF data pre-2000.
Thanks for all the hard work,
--- In email@example.com, Sean Forman <sean-forman@...> wrote:
> I've uploaded 2010 files to the http://www.Baseball-Datank.org/
> There will likely be one or two additional bug fixes, so please let me know
> any issues you find. Enjoy.
> Sean Forman
> Sports Reference LLC, President
- Newly discovered player Chubby snyder
--- In firstname.lastname@example.org, "Tangotiger" <tom@...> wrote:
> In appearances table:
> Record is missing the player ID.