2010 BETA release

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2010
      I've uploaded 2010 files to the http://www.Baseball-Datank.org/

      There will likely be one or two additional bug fixes, so please let me know any issues you find.  Enjoy.

      sean
      ---
      Sean Forman
      Sports Reference LLC, President
      http://www.sports-reference.com/
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 1, 2010
        Sean, A couple of records didn't load, so I'll look into the problem there.

        ***

        All: I calculate the primary position for each player. This is what I
        came up with:

        http://www.tangotiger.net/files/primpos.zip

        I do it differently from everyone else. I first figure out what "pool"
        he's in, and then figure out his primary position in that pool.

        As an example, this player is a primarily an outfielder:
        30 2B
        20 LF
        25 CF
        22 RF

        And so, I make his primary position as CF.

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 1, 2010
          Ok, for those who have my DB shell, the HOF table has been modified
          slightly. The "needed" column is now a text field, not an integer.

          Tom

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 1, 2010
            Sean,

            In appearances table:
            1914,"BUF","FL","",1,1,,1,1,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,,,

            Record is missing the player ID.

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 1, 2010
              The master table is missing retroID for 203 new players. Here they are:

              http://tangotiger.net/bdb/Znew_player_id.csv

              Tom
            • Alberto Perdomo
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 4, 2010
                Hi, all:

                First, thanks for your incredible DB!

                AllStar table is not present in 2010... has been deprecated in 2010?

                Regards,

                Alberto.

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 5, 2010
                  Found this 11 rows in dbo.xref_stats that have wrong StatsID

                  lugoru01 has 7722 but should be 6493
                  martian01 has 7335 but should be 5972
                  martica03 has 7721 but should be 6492
                  martilu01 has 7194 but should be 5618
                  mateoju02 has 7695 but should be 6465
                  morbajo01 has 7093 but should be 5425
                  munozar01 has 7358 but should be 6001
                  nivarra01 has 7195 but should be 5621
                  novoaro01 has 7389 but should be 6045
                  nunezfr01 has 7403 but should be 6062
                  santofr01 has 7161 but should be 5541

                  On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Alberto Perdomo <aperdomo@...> wrote:
                  Hi, all:

                  First, thanks for your incredible DB!

                  AllStar table is not present in 2010... has been deprecated in 2010?

                  Regards,

                  Alberto.

                  On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 5:18 PM, Sean Forman <sean-forman@...> wrote:

                  I've uploaded 2010 files to the http://www.Baseball-Datank.org/

                  There will likely be one or two additional bug fixes, so please let me know any issues you find.  Enjoy.

                  sean
                  ---
                  Sean Forman
                  Sports Reference LLC, President
                  http://www.sports-reference.com/

                • anson2995
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 3, 2011
                    > AllStar table is not present in 2010... has been deprecated in 2010?

                    Probably should be. The AllStarFull table has 2010 players. It has all of the data in AllStar table (and more), so the AllStar table is obsolete,

                    Here's a list of 2010 players in the right format if folks want to update their AllStar table.

                    playerID,yearID,lgID
                    andruel01,2010,AL
                    bailean01,2010,AL
                    bautijo02,2010,AL
                    bellhe01,2010,NL
                    beltrad01,2010,AL
                    bournmi01,2010,NL
                    braunry02,2010,NL
                    broxtjo01,2010,NL
                    buchhcl01,2010,AL
                    buckjo01,2010,AL
                    byrdma01,2010,NL
                    cabremi01,2010,AL
                    cahiltr01,2010,AL
                    canoro01,2010,AL
                    cappsma01,2010,NL
                    carmofa01,2010,AL
                    carpech01,2010,NL
                    crawfca02,2010,AL
                    ethiean01,2010,NL
                    felizne01,2010,AL
                    furcara01,2010,NL
                    gallayo01,2010,NL
                    gonzaad01,2010,NL
                    guerrvl01,2010,AL
                    hallaro01,2010,NL
                    hamiljo03,2010,AL
                    hartco01,2010,NL
                    heywaja01,2010,NL
                    hollima01,2010,NL
                    howarry01,2010,NL
                    hudsoti01,2010,NL
                    hugheph01,2010,AL
                    hunteto01,2010,AL
                    infanom01,2010,NL
                    jeterde01,2010,AL
                    jimenub01,2010,NL
                    johnsjo09,2010,NL
                    kinslia01,2010,AL
                    konerpa01,2010,AL
                    kuoho01,2010,NL
                    leecl02,2010,AL
                    lestejo01,2010,AL
                    linceti01,2010,NL
                    longoev01,2010,AL
                    martivi01,2010,AL
                    mauerjo01,2010,AL
                    mccanbr01,2010,NL
                    meekev01,2010,NL
                    molinya01,2010,NL
                    morneju01,2010,AL
                    ortizda01,2010,AL
                    pedrodu01,2010,AL
                    pettian01,2010,AL
                    phillbr01,2010,NL
                    pradoma01,2010,NL
                    priceda01,2010,AL
                    pujolal01,2010,NL
                    ramirha01,2010,NL
                    reyesjo01,2010,NL
                    rhodear01,2010,NL
                    riverma01,2010,AL
                    rodrial01,2010,AL
                    rolensc01,2010,NL
                    sabatcc01,2010,AL
                    soriajo01,2010,AL
                    soriara01,2010,AL
                    suzukic01,2010,AL
                    swishni01,2010,AL
                    thornma01,2010,AL
                    tulowtr01,2010,NL
                    utleych01,2010,NL
                    valvejo01,2010,AL
                    verlaju01,2010,AL
                    vottojo01,2010,NL
                    wagnebi02,2010,NL
                    wainwad01,2010,NL
                    weaveje02,2010,AL
                    wellsve01,2010,AL
                    wiggity01,2010,AL
                    wilsobr01,2010,NL
                    wrighda03,2010,NL
                    youngch04,2010,NL
                  • timmermant
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 17, 2011
                      Looks like the Team table is still missing HBP and SF data pre-2000.

                      Thanks for all the hard work,
                      Tom

                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 28, 2011
                        Newly discovered player Chubby snyder