List of players (with their MLBAM ID) by year from MLB.com?

  • Wells Oliver
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2010
      Just wondering if anyone's come across a way of retrieving/viewing all of the MLB players for a given year w/ their MLBAM ID from MLB.com.

      Thanks.

      --
      Wells Oliver
      wells@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2010
        I posted those for the last two years.  I'm working on tieing up all the MLBAMs to Retro/BDB.

        Tim Raines, Hall of Fame 2008
        http://www.raines30.com/

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4, 2010
          Cool- I was more wondering if someone's found a way to retrieve them through MLB.com. Through some tinkering, I've found they have game logs for players back to 1999:

          (Barry Bonds, 1999)

          So it would be great to query MLB.com to get all of the players in a given year, then build a DB of all of their game logs. Right now I know you can query each of the 30 clubs and get their current 40-man roster, but there's no way I know of to go back in time. Wondering if anybody else might have come across one.