Useful list of players?

  • Wells Oliver
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 18, 2010
      So a quick question here- I'm working on my little projection system and I'm doing a lot of hacky crap to put together the "list of MLB players" to project. Right now I'm using the entire 40 man rosters of every team as provided by mlb.com. I have to use Tango's list of IDs - which is awesome, but still under development - to match each MLB player up with their BDB ID, and excluding any guy w/o a BDB ID brings the rosters down by 10ish.

      I need the BDB ID as I'm using the BDB's stats for projections.

      Is there some cleaner way of doing this? Some better "list of players" from which to work?

      Any tips appreciated. Thanks!

      --
      Wells Oliver
      wells@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 18, 2010
        If you are ONLY going to use players with a BDB_ID, why don't you do:

        select player_id from batting where year_id between 2007 and 2009;

        Tom

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 18, 2010
          select distinct player_id ...