Use of BDB Stats

  • jdpeterman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2010
      I was reading through the Statement of Purpose and looking for the BDB license. We are thinking about publishing a book that would include a minimal amount of data (i.e. HR, RBI, AVE for current hitters) beside our own info and wanted to make sure we sourced it correctly and adhered to the license.

      All I could find was this sentence in the Statement of Purpose, "They will be available to anyone who agrees to the Baseball Databank
      license," and I couldn't find the license onsite. Probably just missed it. Want to make sure we do things right.

      I recall a few years back, Sean Lahman (with his version of the stats) stating that using the info like that was okay, and I've read that the data is used in products (games, other publishing products), but didn't want to assume anything further in case things had changed.

      Thanks for any help with this.

      Jeff
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 11, 2010
        Yes that would be fine.  Please cite it as the source.

        sean
        ---
        Sean Forman
        Sports Reference LLC, President