Re: [baseball-databank] Batting Table errors for 2009 season

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 22, 2009

      I've noticed that the Batting table has some errors.

      There are numerous pitchers who are not included on the batting table, most of whom seem to be first year players with no plate appearances

      This is by design.  They were AL pitchers who never appeared in a batting lineup.  The Appearances table should now be the go to place for games played data.

      Also, there are some errors in the stints on the batting table of some pitchers:

      breslcr01 2009 OAK (stint says 1 but should be 2)
      broadla01 2009 NYN (stint says 1 but should be 2)
      eatonad01 2009 COL (stint says 1 but should be 2)
      gallase01 2009 SDN (stint says 1 but should be 2)
      macdomi01 2009 WAS (stint says 1 but should be 2)
      rincoju01 2009 COL (stint says 1 but should be 2)
      mulveke01 2009 ARI (stint says 1 but should be 2)

      These stints seem to be correct in other tables (ie Pitching and Fielding) but not in the Batting Table.

      I apologize if this has already been discussed or fixed. Thanks again for everything that you do!!

      Thanks I'll fix this.