Re: [baseball-databank] 2009 Files released

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2009
      missing_g are cases where either the official and pbp accounts differ on games played (perhaps the player was injured while batting and never took the field or somebody made a mistake) or pre-1973 games for which we are lacking pbp account, so the Innings may be off.  For example, Matt Alexander has 12 games played at SS in 1977, but he never actually took the field.  He just was a PR.

      missing_g_c is the number of games we are missing for catchers, so the SB/CS/pickoffs and WP values will be off.

      Experience is seasons played.

      we no longer support the bis_id system.

      sean
      ---
      Sean Forman
      Sports Reference LLC, President
      http://www.sports-reference.com/

      On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 5:54 PM, Alberto Perdomo <a.perdomo@...> wrote:

      Great!

      Processing the new data, noticed that fielding and appearances tables have new columns.

      What does contains/means the ‘experience’ column in the appearances table?

      What does contains/means the ‘missing_g’ and ‘missing_g_c’ in the fielding table?

      Also, the xref_stats table does not has the bisID anymore.

      Are these the only tables that changed from 2008?

      Regards,

      Alberto.