Master table record matching to MLB.com player IDs?

  • Wells Oliver
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2009
      Is there any existing cross reference for any of the IDs in the Master table (lahman, retro, etc) to those used by MLB.com?

      Thanks.

      --
      Wells Oliver
      wells@...
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2009
        > Is there any existing cross reference for any of the IDs in the Master
        > table
        > (lahman, retro, etc) to those used by MLB.com?

        For the active players through 2008, it's here:
        http://www.insidethebook.com/ee/index.php/site/comments/mlb_milb_8833/

        I'll be doing it for the 2009 players as well.

        If someone wants to spend the time for the older players, I can probably
        help. I have done it for all of them, but there's many differences, and I
        didn't go back to cross-check the differences.

        Tom
      • Wells Oliver
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2009
          Cool. Who can we petition to get this included as a column in the Lahman DB?

          Lahman, I'm assuming?

          On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Tangotiger <tom@...> wrote:

          > Is there any existing cross reference for any of the IDs in the Master
          > table
          > (lahman, retro, etc) to those used by MLB.com?

          For the active players through 2008, it's here:
          http://www.insidethebook.com/ee/index.php/site/comments/mlb_milb_8833/

          I'll be doing it for the 2009 players as well.

          If someone wants to spend the time for the older players, I can probably
          help. I have done it for all of them, but there's many differences, and I
          didn't go back to cross-check the differences.

          Wells Oliver
          wells@...
        • karben
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 4, 2009
            We've aimed to generate such a repository, which authorized folks can help keep up-to-date:

            http://www.SportsCodes.org

            If memory serves, we've got MLBAM codes in there... and I *think* also the mlb.com ones (which may be different).

            Regards,
            Alan.

            President
            XML Team Solutions

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 5, 2009
              MLB.com codes *are* MLBAM codes. Sometimes you hear "Elias player ID",
              but those are different.

              Tom