Re: Guide to on-line statistical databases

  • tjruane
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 11, 2009
      As I mentioned earlier, SABR is planning on updating its 2000 booklet, "How to Baseball Research" and making it available on-line. An early version of the chapter on statistical databases and websites is now available at:

      http://www.retrosheet.org/Research/RuaneT/htdbr_stat_internet_chap.html

      Please let me know of any corrections or suggestion for additions.

      Thanks for your patience.
      Tom Ruane
    • Judson Green
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 12, 2009
        Baseball Reference has had the SABR Home Run Encyclopedia for quite some time. It was announced by Sean on May 19, 2009:

        http://www.baseball-reference.com/blog/archives/1632

        and can be accessed by clicking the "more [+]" tab, then scrolling to "home runs" and clicking there. Alternatively, if you search a player from the home page, you'll see a tab that says "HR Log" below where it says "Standard Batting".

        Judson Green

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 12, 2009
          Judson Green wrote:

          > Baseball Reference has had the SABR Home Run Encyclopedia for
          > quite some time. It was announced by Sean on May 19, 2009:
          >
          > http://www.baseball-reference.com/blog/archives/1632
          >
          > and can be accessed by clicking the "more [+]" tab, then
          > scrolling to "home runs" and clicking there. Alternatively, if
          > you search a player from the home page, you'll see a tab that
          > says "HR Log" below where it says "Standard Batting".

          Thanks for the update. I have changed the linked chapter accordingly.

          Tom Ruane