PH4 team ID

  • dsreyn
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2009
      I think this may have been mentioned before, but just in case...

      There seem to be two different teams that use a team ID of PH4 in the
      Teams table. The first is an American Association team, from 1882 to
      1890, which has a franchise ID of PHA. The second is another American
      Association team from 1891 with a franchise ID of PHQ (this franchise
      had a team ID of PHP in the Players League in 1890). I'm assuming the
      second PH4 team ID is incorrect (presumably, these should not be
      reused across franchises).

      Doug
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 7, 2009
        Last time mentioned was post #3503:

        I think I've mentioned this for a couple of years, but the 1891 AA
        Philadelphia team has a Team ID of PH4, but I believe it really should
        be PHQ. The Franchise ID IS PHQ, which is correct.

        This team moved from the Players League of 1890, which has a team ID
        of PHP, Franchise ID of PHQ.

        The 1890 Philadelphia AA team had a team ID of PH4, Franchise ID of
        PH4. That team disbanded I believe.

        --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "dsreyn" <dreynolds@...>

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 30, 2009
          One other note for documentation, in case this does ever get corrected, is that Retrosheet also uses the incorrect PH4 for the 1891 Philadelphia American Association team.