Errors with El Cajon and La Mesa, etc.

  • Clay Dreslough
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2009
      I've noticed that 'El Cajon' and 'La Mesa' are listed as 'ElCajon' and 'LaMesa' in the biographical data.

      Other errors I've found (I used Google Maps to verify the correct spelling for these names):

      ElDorado, KS (should be El Dorado, KS)
      ElMonte, CA (should be El Monte, CA)
      LaMarque, TX (should be La Marque, TX)
      LaPlata, MD (should be La Plata, MD)
      LaMirada, CA (should be La Mirda, CA)
      LaPorte, IN (should be La Porte, IN)
      LaRue, TX (should be La Rue, TX)
      LaSabana, Venezuela (should be La Sabana)
      LaSalle, IL (should be La Salle)
      [Note that LaSalle, Ontario does NOT have a space in it]
      Lagrange, GA (should be LaGrange)
      LaGrange, IL (should be La Grange)
      LaHarpe, KS (should be La Harpe)
      LaGuaira, Venezuela (should be La Guaira)

      --
      Clay Dreslough
      President, Sports Mogul Inc.
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2009
        Does anyone know where to download minor league stats?
        Any

        Windows Live™ Hotmail®…more than just e-mail. See how it works.
      • Judson Green
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 17, 2009
          Are you talking about historical data?

          Baseball Almanac has a database for purchase:

          http://www.baseball-almanac.com/minor-league/

          I have a spreadsheet on my computer titled "minordetails", but I can't remember where I got it from. It has minor league stats from 1950-2006, although it is not a complete database. I googled "minor details" and found Most Valuable Network, but couldn't find it there. If anyone knows the link, you might find that useful. It was free when I downloaded it.

          Judson

          On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 6:26 PM, Paul Riker <paulriker@...> wrote:

          Does anyone know where to download minor league stats?
          Any

          Windows Live™ Hotmail®…more than just e-mail. See how it works.

        • Clem Comly
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 17, 2009

            When this question came up before, Chuck Kuhn told us that one can buy all the minor league stats at http://www.baseball -almanac. com/minor- league

            Clem Comly