Re:2008 DH games stat

  • Clem Comly
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2008
      Pete Palmer has assured me that the BIS data is correct.  But obviously that is not the source of data for mlb.com, baseball-reference, and baseball-databank.  He reports the sum of DH G for all AL teams is 2454 and NL teams is 132 which is far more than those 3 on-line sources seem to indicate.

      Clem Comly

    • tangotiger
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 10, 2008
        --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "Clem Comly" <ccomly@...> wrote:

        > Pete Palmer has assured me that the BIS data is correct. But
        obviously that is not the source of data for mlb.com,
        baseball-reference, and baseball-databank. He reports the sum of DH G
        for all AL teams is 2454 and NL teams is 132 which is far more than
        those 3 on-line sources seem to indicate.

        > Clem Comly

        I think I missed a post in here. What is this in reply?

        Anyway, I get a total of 2142 DH games for AL and 132 for NL.

        Sanity check: there are 9 (I think) games each AL team doesn't play in
        an AL park. So, 153*14= 2142

        Maybe I only have the "starts" for DH, and not the PH/DH games? I'll
        check.

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 10, 2008
          The totals I reported were both from a separate source and the BDB.

          When I check Retrosheet, I get a total of 2268 DH games, which compares to the 2142+132 = 2274.

          Anyway, I'll stop now, since I missed the first part of this discussion.