Minor League Data

  • nxnn14
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 5, 2008
      I was wondering if anyone knew of a good source for minor league
      statistics over the last two decades or so. I see that baseball
      reference this data but it is difficult to use and was wondering if
      there is any source of this data in an csv or similar format.

      Thanks,

      Nick
    • Mike Emeigh
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 6, 2008
        nxnn14 wrote:

        > I was wondering if anyone knew of a good source for minor league
        > statistics over the last two decades or so. I see that baseball
        > reference this data but it is difficult to use and was wondering if
        > there is any source of this data in an csv or similar format.

        If you are a SABR member, you have access to the initial version of the
        Minor League database. If you are not, all I can suggest at this point
        is that you be patient and wait a few months.
        --
        Mike Emeigh
        piratefan1@...

        "Quantification automatically privileges people who are fond of numbers
        and marginalizes people who are math phobic." -- James Bach
      • Rod Nelson
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 6, 2008
          Minor League Data.  The next frontier.

          http://minors.sabrwebs.org

          If you have material or time to contribute, please join the effort.

          Rod Nelson
        • Chuck Kuhn
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 7, 2008

            You can buy all the minor league stats at http://www.baseball-almanac.com/minor-league

            I played in the minor leagues between 1965 and 1973. I bought the CD and it has every one of my pitching statistics during those years at Class A Duluth, Daytona Beach, Lakeland, and Rocky Mount; Class AA Montgomery; and Class AAA Denver and Toledo, and it has all the stats of all my teammates. It has ALL the stats.

            Chuck Kuhn

            If you have material or time to contribute, please join the effort.

            Rod Nelson

          • Jeff
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 7, 2008
              --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "nxnn14" <nxnn14@...> wrote:

              > I was wondering if anyone knew of a good source for minor league
              > statistics over the last two decades or so. I see that baseball
              > reference this data but it is difficult to use and was wondering if
              > there is any source of this data in an csv or similar format.
              >
              > Thanks,
              >
              > Nick

              I've been really impressed with thebaseballcube.com. They even have
              Japanese and NCAA stats for most recent players.
            • Clay Dreslough
              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 7, 2008
                Rod Nelson wrote:
                > http://minors.sabrwebs.org <http://minors.sabrwebs.org>

                This link isn't working for me.

                Is this the same "Minor League database" that referred to?

                Thanks,

                Clay
                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 7, 2008

                  The link recently change to:

                  http://minors.sabrwebs.com

                • SABRMnLgs@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 7, 2008
                    This is NOT my site, don't even know who it belongs to.

                                             Jerry