RE: [baseball-databank] New Files uploaded

  • Rickert, John H
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2008
      back from the flu, I uploaded the database again, but my fielding tables lines in Fielding.csv look like

      "barremi01","1999","1","MON","NL","C","59",NULL,NULL,"329","25","5","2","7",NULL

      and
      "bautida01","1999","1","FLO","NL","CF","18",NULL,NULL,"45","0","0","0",NULL,NULL
      "bautida01","1999","1","FLO","NL","LF","22",NULL,NULL,"44","0","3","0",NULL,NULL
      "bautida01","1999","1","FLO","NL","RF","31",NULL,NULL,"51","3","0","0",NULL,NULL
      (with no composite OF line that I could find)
      and earlier
      "yountro01","1987","1","ML4","AL","OF","150",NULL,NULL,"380","5","5","2",NULL,NULL
      without the nice breakdowns.

      So I must still be overlooking something obvious.
      feeling silly,
      jonh rickert

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 4, 2008
        I uploaded the new files again, but the fielding table still contains lines like

        "benchjo01","1967","1","CIN","NL","C","26",NULL,NULL,"175","16","1","0","2",NULL

        and
        "yountro01","1987","1","ML4","AL","OF","150",NULL,NULL,"380","5","5","2",NULL,NULL
        without LF/CF/RF totals
        and
        "nilssda01","1998","1","MIL","NL","LF","37",NULL,NULL,"49","2","2","0",NULL,NULL
        "nilssda01","1998","1","MIL","NL","RF","3",NULL,NULL,"1","0","0","0",NULL,NULL
        without a composite line.

        What am I doing wrong?

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 26, 2008
            Thanks. Don't know what happens (other than third time's a charm)
            I went back and downloaded it and it looks fine.
            I notice that when I unzipped the files, the first two times created the folder lahman55, the latest, admindDB, so I presume that I somehow went to the wrong place.

            One small error in the FieldingOF.txt file:
            "geisem01",1882,1,0,3,2
            should be
            "geissem01",1882,1,0,3,2
            (There is no geisem01 in the master file)

            Thanks for the update!