AL Red Book, NL Green Book

  • dsreyn
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6, 2008
      Last year I picked up my copies on eBay, and I'm sure I'll be able to
      do the same this year. However, it seems like it should be possible
      to purchase these directly from MLB or some retailer. I'm also
      curious how the people selling copies on eBay get their stock. So,
      does anyone know of a source from which the American League Red Book
      and National League Green Book may be purchased?

      Doug
    • Bill
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6, 2008
        I get my stock of books & the team media guides straight from the
        stadium press box.

        I recall seeing the Red/Green books in B.Daltons at one time. I don't
        know if they still carry them ... I haven't been in a book store for a
        couple of years. I imagine that you could request a retailer to order
        them.

        Bill

        --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "dsreyn" <dreynolds@...> wrote:

        > Last year I picked up my copies on eBay, and I'm sure I'll be able to
        > do the same this year. However, it seems like it should be possible
        > to purchase these directly from MLB or some retailer. I'm also
        > curious how the people selling copies on eBay get their stock. So,
        > does anyone know of a source from which the American League Red Book
        > and National League Green Book may be purchased?
        >
        > Doug

      • Tom Stillman
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6, 2008
          Not everyone has access to a stadium press box. Very
          few people do. But I agree with Bill that a bookstore
          may be able to help. I have not seen the Red and
          Green Books at either Border's or Barnes and Noble
          where I do most of my book shopping. I assume you've
          checked Amazon?

          You might also contact the publisher directly. That
          was what I did to get a 2007 Rules Book since TSN
          stopped publishing those too!

          Tom Stillman

          --- Bill <mrnaturl@...> wrote:

          > I get my stock of books & the team media guides
          > straight from the
          > stadium press box.
          >
          > I recall seeing the Red/Green books in B.Daltons at
          > one time. I don't
          > know if they still carry them ... I haven't been in
          > a book store for a
          > couple of years. I imagine that you could request a
          > retailer to order
          > them.
          >
          > Bill
          >

          > --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "dsreyn"
          > <dreynolds@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Last year I picked up my copies on eBay, and I'm
          > sure I'll be able to
          > > do the same this year. However, it seems like it
          > should be possible
          > > to purchase these directly from MLB or some
          > retailer. I'm also
          > > curious how the people selling copies on eBay get
          > their stock. So,
          > > does anyone know of a source from which the
          > American League Red Book
          > > and National League Green Book may be purchased?
          > >
          > > Doug

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        • dsreyn
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 7, 2008
            I haven't seen the Red and Green books in bookstores for several
            years. I've also checked Amazon, but no luck there on the recent
            editions.

            Doug

            --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, Tom Stillman