Re: [baseball-databank] Re: Minor League Data

  • SABRMnLgs@aol.com
    Message 1 of 17 , May 10, 2007
      I'm not able to download anything here either. All I see is a screen full of something called "Rapid Share" .

             Jerry Jackson

      See what's free at AOL.com.
    • P Kreutzer
      Message 2 of 17 , May 11, 2007
        There is a message in the middle of the screen instructing you to wait for a download ticket (or buy a pass). When the timer is finished counting down a link appears to take you to the download page. Choose your download server and you'll get your file. I just downloaded a copy, but haven't opened it yet.

        Peter
      • Joel Dinda
        Message 3 of 17 , May 17, 2007
          A couple nits....

          o The Joe Hamilton who played outfield in the Red Sox system during the
          mid-90s isn't the Joey Hamilton who was pitching at San Diego at the
          same time.
          o You have Donell Nixon at Lynn in the Midwest League in 1982.
          Obviously should be Eastern League.

          On the whole, delightful. Thanks.

          Joel Dinda

          On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 21:44:06 -0000, jimjoe.edwards wrote:
          [snip]
          >> While I've tried to verify the data as much as possible, I can't
          > promise that the information is all correct or complete (I.E. - use
          > it at your own risk). Actually, I'll promise that it does contain
          > some errors and is incomplete. Still, some data is better than no
          > data, right?
          [snip]
        • nxnn14
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 5, 2008
            I was wondering if anyone knew of a good source for minor league
            statistics over the last two decades or so. I see that baseball
            reference this data but it is difficult to use and was wondering if
            there is any source of this data in an csv or similar format.

            Thanks,

            Nick
          • Mike Emeigh
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 6, 2008
              nxnn14 wrote:

              > I was wondering if anyone knew of a good source for minor league
              > statistics over the last two decades or so. I see that baseball
              > reference this data but it is difficult to use and was wondering if
              > there is any source of this data in an csv or similar format.

              If you are a SABR member, you have access to the initial version of the
              Minor League database. If you are not, all I can suggest at this point
              is that you be patient and wait a few months.
              --
              Mike Emeigh
              piratefan1@...

              "Quantification automatically privileges people who are fond of numbers
              and marginalizes people who are math phobic." -- James Bach
            • Rod Nelson
              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 6, 2008
                Minor League Data.  The next frontier.

                http://minors.sabrwebs.org

                If you have material or time to contribute, please join the effort.

                Rod Nelson
              • Chuck Kuhn
                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 7, 2008

                  You can buy all the minor league stats at http://www.baseball-almanac.com/minor-league

                  I played in the minor leagues between 1965 and 1973. I bought the CD and it has every one of my pitching statistics during those years at Class A Duluth, Daytona Beach, Lakeland, and Rocky Mount; Class AA Montgomery; and Class AAA Denver and Toledo, and it has all the stats of all my teammates. It has ALL the stats.

                  Chuck Kuhn

                  If you have material or time to contribute, please join the effort.

                  Rod Nelson

                • Jeff
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 7, 2008
                    --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "nxnn14" <nxnn14@...> wrote:

                    > I was wondering if anyone knew of a good source for minor league
                    > statistics over the last two decades or so. I see that baseball
                    > reference this data but it is difficult to use and was wondering if
                    > there is any source of this data in an csv or similar format.
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    >
                    > Nick

                    I've been really impressed with thebaseballcube.com. They even have
                    Japanese and NCAA stats for most recent players.
                  • Clay Dreslough
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 7, 2008
                      Rod Nelson wrote:
                      > http://minors.sabrwebs.org <http://minors.sabrwebs.org>

                      This link isn't working for me.

                      Is this the same "Minor League database" that referred to?

                      Thanks,

                      Clay
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 7, 2008

                        The link recently change to:

                        http://minors.sabrwebs.com

                        Message 11 of 17 , Jul 7, 2008
                          This is NOT my site, don't even know who it belongs to.

                                                   Jerry