QUESTION - Zone Rating

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2007
      (Message cross-posted to baseball-databank.)

      We've got a perplexing issue on how ZR (for
      infielders) is actually calculated, and our current
      position is in post #22 here, of which I will
      cut/paste for those not wanting to following the whole
      discussion (which includes use of Retrosheet, BIS
      data):
      http://www.insidethebook.com/ee/index.php/site/comments/bis_fielding_data/#22

      ===================================
      STATS/SI includes in the numerator:
      + GB outs in-zone
      + outs outside zone
      + line outs

      And in the denominator:
      + all the above
      + GB hits + GB errors in-zone

      I tried contacting someone at STATS to no avail. I
      imagine a few people here might be aware as to how
      things work?

      http://www.tangotiger.net/community/
      Community Forecasts

      Don't pick lemons.
      See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
      http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html