DATA - Errors - OF games

  • tangotiger
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2007
      The file I just uploaded contains definite errors in the FieldingOF
      table. (I think Tom Ruane may have reproted this a couple of years
      ago). The obvious example is Larry Walker in 1990, who played 124
      games in the OF, and Retrosheet has him in RF for all those games. The
      FieldingOF table has him at 123 in RF and zero in the other two. So,
      there is a missing game there.

      There are 325 such errors (at a minimum). The check was simply to add
      up the games at the three OF positions, and pick out any of the players
      that was less than their total number of games in the OF.