RE: [baseball-databank] 2006 stats

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 17, 2006
      Keith:

      It does look like GIDP, the very last field of the batting and battingpost tables, and also the last field in the pitchingpost table, did not populate.  However, all of the last fields in the other tables seem to be fine. So, not sure if it's something with GIDP, but guess I'll be trying the import into Excel first method....

      Keith Hemmelman <khemmelman@...> wrote:
      Kevin, did the last field in each row import properly when you directly imported the CSV files into Access?  (If so, what version of Access are your running?)  In the past, I've had a problem where the last field in several tables did not get imported when I tried to directly import the CSV files.  I had to first bring the CSV files into Excel and then import into Access from the Excel spreadsheets I made for each table.  (I'm running Access 2000.)

      Keith Hemmelman

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 18, 2006
        Forgive the possibly stupid question, but where can I download the 2006
        stats? I have looked in the "files" and "database" sections of this
        group to no avail.

        I'd really like to import them into PureSim's database and run some
        tests!

        Shaun Sullivan
        Developer, PureSim Baseball
        www.puresim.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 18, 2006
          I just realized that I didn't provide any links here.  Sorry about that.

          The databases are located at

          http://www.baseball-databank.org/

          There is a mysql version and a csv version.  These are complete historical databases with all data from 1871-2006.

          Here is the list of tables and their defs and the row counts.
          http://www.baseball-databank.org/files/BDB-def-2006-11-17.txt
          http://www.baseball-databank.org/files/tables.txt

          Please note that the fielding table probably won't fit into excel at over 120,000 rows.

          sean

          On 11/17/06, Sean Forman <sean-forman@...> wrote:
          Hello,

          I have uploaded the 2006 stats.  Consider this a first pass.  I think they are correct and they have been vetted on baseball-reference for a few weeks now, but there are no guarantees.

          Also, there have been hundreds of corrections largely from the SABR bio and records committee and some from random users.

          I will put out another release following the announcement of the remaining records at some point in December.

          I hope to spend a week on this project during the off-season, so maybe we'll be able to get it kickstarted.

          Baseball Stats!   http://www.Baseball-Reference.com/
          SR Blog!           http://www.Baseball-Reference.com/blog/

          Baseball Stats!  http://www.Baseball-Reference.com/
          SR Blog!           http://www.Baseball-Reference.com/blog/
        • Keith Hemmelman
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 18, 2006
            I've been able to import the larger tables such as the fielding or batting tables with more than 65536 rows into Excel by using the code at this site:

            Basically this code creates as many worksheets as needed to import all the data and then I'm able to work with it as needed inside of Excel to import it over to Access.

            Keith Hemmelman

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 19, 2006
              Shaun, it's located at: http://www.baseball-databank.org/

              Keith Hemmelman