2005 Angels team ID

  • dsreyn
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2006
      The Angles team ID for 2005 is LAA. This was also the team ID for the
      Los Angeles Angels from 1961 to 1964. Since they're now the Los
      Angeles Angels *of Anaheim*, I'm wondering if it would have been more
      appropriate to assign a completely new team ID for 2005, rather than
      reverting to the original one. Essentially, my reasoning is that this
      was a change of name only, not a change of location. They are still
      playing home games in Anaheim, not Los Angeles 9as they did from
      1961-1964), and using LAA again would seem to suggest that they are
      now back in Los Angeles.

      Doug