Retrosheet Notation or Scorepad software

  • CJ Haddick
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2006

      For those interested in data collection tools, I would appreciate opinions on whether the retrosheet notation and use of Chadwick software is a better option than self-enclosed software packages like Scorepad.  If this is not the proper forum I apologize, and would appreciate any help.

      Thanks kindly.

      CJH

    • Derek Adair
      Message 2 of 4 , May 31, 2006
        I've never used Scorepad, but learning Retrosheet codes is a valuable
        skill if you're planning on really digging into the hobby.

        Regards,
        Derek

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
          Alex Reisner provides scorecards for two systems of his own design and
          also for "Project Scoresheet" and "Traditional" scoring --9-batter and
          12-batter versions.
          http://alexreisner.com/baseball/scorekeeping/

          For what it's worth, he says of Project Scoresheet "It's probably the
          fastest way to keep score, once you know the language."

          Paul Wendt

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Tom Stillman
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
            I haven't used Scorepad either but would like to
            eventually. Actually it's my dream to go to a game
            with just a Pocket PC-type device, walk into the
            stadium, sit in my seat, score the game, and have
            access to all sorts of data while I'm watching the
            game 8-)

            As far as I know, Pac Bell is the only stadium set up
            for wireless that allows users to access content
            specifically available to the fans in the stands with
            a wireless device.

            I agree with knowing the Project Scoresheet system is
            good in getting through the data.

            Tom Stillman

            http://mail.yahoo.com