Baseball-Reference.com - Major League Baseball Statistics and History

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2006
      http://www.baseball-reference.com/data/Batter_month_1991-2005.zip

      David Frank has provided a file with month-by-month batting for all
      batters from 1991-2005. It is too big to post in the files section,
      so I uploaded it to Baseball-Reference. He has a lot of other
      material he is interested in sharing as well including game logs for
      the same era.

      His e-mail is dsfrank@....

      Thanks, David!

    • Anthony Giacalone
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 7, 2006
        Sean and everyone,

        I just came across a fantastic file that someone ["Spritze"] uses to
        create MLEs for their OOTP leagues. His database contains actual minor
        league statistics, including fielding (broken down for OF positions
        where available) and pitching, for every player that debuted in the
        major leagues from 1948-1973 (as far as I can tell). He also has many
        statistics for the Negro, Japanese, and Winter Leagues.

        "These Lahman-style/Lahman-compatable CSV files contain the actual minor
        league Batting, Fielding and Pitching records of all major league
        players who played in 1951 or debuted between 1948 and 1973.

        The team and leagues are the actual minor league teams and leagues.
        There is a �Team affiliation� CSV file that includes the Lahman style
        abbrev for the major league organization these teams were under. �IND�
        means the team was independent.

        The file also includes 545 Japanese, Negro League and lifetime minor
        leaguers and their actual records as close as I could find. There is a
        dearth of fielding records for Japanese/Negro league players so in many
        cases the fielding records are merely averages based on the records I
        could find for those players/years."

        You can download this file at
        http://www.ootpmodsquad.com/mods/moddb/MinorLeagueCSVzipped.zip

        I hope that you can use this info is useful.

        Long live Open Source!

        -- Anthony Giacalone