Re: [baseball-databank] Hall of Fame Spreadsheet

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
      Keith Hemmelman <khemmelman@...>
      > I've updated my Hall of Fame spreadsheet. I added a worksheet to
      > include the just completed 2006 Negro Leagues and Pre-Negro Leagues
      > Special Election results. (I didn't integrate this data with the
      > actual HOF table data since almost all of these individuals do not
      > currently exist in the BDB and would need entries in the master table
      > added for them.)

      The SABR Negro Leagues Cmte has organized a search for the gravesites
      of all 39 second stage or all 94 first stage nominees who are deceased.
      Perhaps the more basic biographical data is known. I think it makes
      sense to add all, not only the 17 elected to the Hall of Fame.

      Anyway, it appears that this group has moved to the front of the queue
      and should be the leading example for discussion of how to add new
      people.

      Paul Wendt

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
        I'll mention that I'm compiling a "Negro Leaguers Master File" in the baseball-databank format, which will have several hundred Negro League players.   Optimistically, I could release a 'beta' version in a few weeks....

        Paul Wendt <pgw02472@...> wrote:
        Keith Hemmelman <khemmelman@...>
        > I've updated my Hall of Fame spreadsheet.  I added a worksheet to
        > include the just completed 2006 Negro Leagues and Pre-Negro Leagues
        > Special Election results.  (I didn't integrate this data with the
        > actual HOF table data since almost all of these individuals do not
        > currently exist in the BDB and would need entries in the master table
        > added for them.)

        The SABR Negro Leagues Cmte has organized a search for the gravesites
        of all 39 second stage or all 94 first stage nominees who are deceased.
        Perhaps the more basic biographical data is known.  I think it makes
        sense to add all, not only the 17 elected to the Hall of Fame.

        Anyway, it appears that this group has moved to the front of the queue
        and should be the leading example for discussion of how to add new
        people.

        Paul Wendt

        http://mail.yahoo.com

        Yahoo! Mail

      • Keith Hemmelman
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
          The worksheet I added into my spreadsheet does have all 39 and I agree it
          would make sense to add all 39 to the database. My spreadsheet also has the
          2003 Veterans Committee Composite Vote results too and those could also all
          be added. I didn't try to integrate either of these into the worksheet that
          contains all the updated HOF table data that I did since it would require
          adding most of these folks into the Master table and creating id's for them.

          Keith Hemmelman