Data error

  • Craig Burley
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2005
      Preparing for my DMB league draft for the 1929 season, I found what I
      believe is an error in DMB's data. BB-Ref and the Baseball Almanac repeat
      this, so I suspect this may be database-wide.

      All those sources list Hal Elliott as having 438 batters faced in 1929.

      Elliott pitched 114.1 innings allowing 146 hits and 59 walks; he should
      probably have a hundred more batters faced than he does (at least).

      Just FYI.

      -Craig Burley
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2005
        I believe this is a "typo", and should be 538.

        Craig Burley <craig.burley@...> wrote:
        Preparing for my DMB league draft for the 1929 season, I found what I
        believe is an error in DMB's data.  BB-Ref and the Baseball Almanac repeat
        this, so I suspect this may be database-wide.

        All those sources list Hal Elliott as having 438 batters faced in 1929.

        Elliott pitched 114.1 innings allowing 146 hits and 59 walks; he should
        probably have a hundred more batters faced than he does (at least).

        Just FYI.

        -Craig Burley

        Mlb baseballMajor league baseballYouth baseball
        Major league baseball ticketMajor league baseball umpiresBaseball equipment

        Yahoo! Personals