FW: 2005 Update to DB

  • Sean Lahman
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2005
      We kinda go through this confusion every year, and we really ought to be
      more deliberate about how we make the yearly updates. Here is what I'd like
      to propose:

      Below is a list of the tasks that need to be done. I'll take volunteers for
      each one. Please sign up for as many as you like, but lets aim to get the
      tasks done by November 30. Please don't volunteer for more work than you
      can complete by then. After 11/30, we'll publish the updates for all to
      review.

      Please reply to me directly so we can speed this process up. I'll post
      updates to this list once a day until we are done. And this is an open
      process, so please feel free to share any questions or concerns.

      2005 Update Tasks
      1) Identify new players and assign IDs
      2) Add new players to MASTER table
      3) 2005 batting stats
      4) 2005 pitching stats
      5) 2005 fielding stats
      6) Update AllStars table
      7) Update HOF Table
      8) Update Managers table
      9) Update teams table
      10) Update BattingPost table
      11) Update PitchingPost table
      12) Update FieldingPost table
      13) Update Salaries table
      14) Update SeriesPost table
      15) Update AwardsManagers and AwardsShareManagers
      16) Update AwardsPlayers and AwardsSharePlayers