2005 Update to DB

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2005
      Just curious the status of adding the 2005 data to the DB, including
      the post-season.....

    • pkreutzer
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 14, 2005
        --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "KJOK" <kjokbaseball@y...>
        wrote:

        > Just curious the status of adding the 2005 data to the DB, including
        > the post-season.....
        >
        > THANKS,
        > Kevin

        What is the procedure for updating? Do we have one? Where does the
        data come from? Who compiles it? If there isn't something in place
        now, there should be.
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 15, 2005
          I may or may not be able to use my stats in the BDB this year.  This year I contracted with a third-party supplier, so I need to get a go ahead from them as to whether I can use them.

          sean

          wrote:

          > Just curious the status of adding the 2005 data to the DB, including
          > the post-season.....
          >
          > THANKS,
          > Kevin

          What is the procedure for updating? Do we have one? Where does the
          data come from? Who compiles it? If there isn't something in place
          now, there should be.

          http://www.baseball-databank.org/

          Mlb baseball Major league baseball Youth baseball
          Major league baseball ticket Major league baseball umpires Baseball equipment

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          Baseball Stats!   http://www.Baseball-Reference.com/
        • Keith Hemmelman
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 17, 2005
            --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, Sean Forman <sean-
            forman@b...> wrote:

            > I may or may not be able to use my stats in the BDB this year.
            This year I
            > contracted with a third-party supplier, so I need to get a go
            ahead from
            > them as to whether I can use them.
            >
            > sean

            I have to ask the obvious question. If you can't use your stats in
            the BDB does that mean there will not be an update released with any
            stats from 2005? I had been playing around with the 8/2/05 release
            of the BDB and making an MS Access database out of it and had
            stopped working on it since I figured an update would be coming and
            not only would it have the 2005 stats, but the structure may or may
            not be changed. It will be disappointing but I understand if your
            source of stats won't allow you give them out in the BDB.

            Keith Hemmelman
          • Derek Adair
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 17, 2005
              On Fri, 18 Nov 2005, Keith Hemmelman wrote:

              > --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, Sean Forman <sean-
              > forman@b...> wrote:
              >>
              >> I may or may not be able to use my stats in the BDB this year.
              > This year I
              >> contracted with a third-party supplier, so I need to get a go
              > ahead from
              >> them as to whether I can use them.
              >>
              >> sean
              >>

              > I have to ask the obvious question. If you can't use your stats in
              > the BDB does that mean there will not be an update released with any
              > stats from 2005? I had been playing around with the 8/2/05 release
              > of the BDB and making an MS Access database out of it and had
              > stopped working on it since I figured an update would be coming and
              > not only would it have the 2005 stats, but the structure may or may
              > not be changed. It will be disappointing but I understand if your
              > source of stats won't allow you give them out in the BDB.

              There will be an update for 2005. Sean's data would obviously be the
              easiest to use, but if we can't, we'll work something out.

              Regards,
              Derek
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 17, 2005
                There should still be an update with the 2005 stats. I will just need
                to be gotten from a different source and perhaps compiled by someone
                other than myself.

                sean

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 17, 2005
                  Sean, or Zach, or others:

                  It's an easy task to just download the data straight
                  from MLB.com. The "problem" is that MLB has their own
                  sets of player IDs. If someone can provide me a
                  mapping of MLB ids to our player IDs, I'll just do the
                  grabbing myself (unless someone else has already done
                  it), and remap them according to the mapping table.

                  I don't understand the objections of your source,
                  since the data (that we are talking about) itself is
                  public domain. However, if it's a question of
                  "rustling someone's feathers", I understand.

                  Tom

                  --- Sean Forman <sean-forman@...>

                  http://farechase.yahoo.com