Re: 2002 schedule

  • schedulejunkie
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 27, 2005
      I have simple CSV versions of every MLB schedule,
      from 1878 up to the present. These are conversions
      of the text files that were used to create the
      original schedule files available at Retrosheet.

      (I have the full set but not all seasons have been
      fully proofed and checked for accuracy for posting
      at Retrosheet. I'm pretty confident though there
      are few errors of any signficance in the CSV files
      due to some checks built into the coversion process
      from text file to CSV file.)

      I tried to post this awhile back but Yahoo ate my
      message and I forgot to repost it until now.

      Paul
    • trumadskills
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 28, 2005
        --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "schedulejunkie"
        <schedulejunkie@s...> wrote:
        > I have simple CSV versions of every MLB schedule,
        > from 1878 up to the present. These are conversions
        > of the text files that were used to create the
        > original schedule files available at Retrosheet.
        >
        > (I have the full set but not all seasons have been
        > fully proofed and checked for accuracy for posting
        > at Retrosheet. I'm pretty confident though there
        > are few errors of any signficance in the CSV files
        > due to some checks built into the coversion process
        > from text file to CSV file.)
        >
        > I tried to post this awhile back but Yahoo ate my
        > message and I forgot to repost it until now.
        >

        > Paul

        tha ones i seen at retrosheet were trash from what i seen, tha csv
        files here are great. if u wouldnt mind id like to see 2002 to 2000.
        thanks for tha reply man.
      • schedulejunkie
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 29, 2005
          trumadskills wrote:

          > tha ones i seen at retrosheet were trash from what
          > i seen, tha csv files here are great. if u wouldnt
          > mind id like to see 2002 to 2000.

          Ouch, that's a bit harsh, particularly since I'm the
          one whose files serve as the basis for the Retrosheet
          schedule files.

          It may seem it wouldn't be a big deal, but it's actually
          much more complicated than it would seem, especially for
          the earlier years.

          There are some problems in the Retrosheet files, yes.
          That's partly the result of the utility which converted
          from my text file format into Retrosheet's format running
          into problems on some of the seasons which weren't
          noticed. It's also because a few typos which managed
          to slip through the proofing process. And lastly it's
          also because a few of the originally published schedules
          by MLB had errors on it which weren't caught because
          every source used the same incorrect schedule for
          publication.

          However, all of the above mostly applies to the early
          20th century schedules.

          In any case, I've been meaning for a very long time to
          get the schedules cleaned up and re-posted, in addition
          to getting posted the remaining seasons. But it just
          hasn't been able to happen yet. I'm trying to get this
          back on the front burner but it hasn't worked out yet.

          So apologies to all those waiting for the remaining
          seasons!

          Paul R.
        • trumadskills
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 31, 2005
            <schedulejunkie@s...> wrote:
            > trumadskills wrote:
            >
            > > tha ones i seen at retrosheet were trash from what
            > > i seen, tha csv files here are great. if u wouldnt
            > > mind id like to see 2002 to 2000.
            >
            > Ouch, that's a bit harsh, particularly since I'm the
            > one whose files serve as the basis for the Retrosheet
            > schedule files.
            >
            > It may seem it wouldn't be a big deal, but it's actually
            > much more complicated than it would seem, especially for
            > the earlier years.
            >
            > There are some problems in the Retrosheet files, yes.
            > That's partly the result of the utility which converted
            > from my text file format into Retrosheet's format running
            > into problems on some of the seasons which weren't
            > noticed. It's also because a few typos which managed
            > to slip through the proofing process. And lastly it's
            > also because a few of the originally published schedules
            > by MLB had errors on it which weren't caught because
            > every source used the same incorrect schedule for
            > publication.
            >
            > However, all of the above mostly applies to the early
            > 20th century schedules.
            >
            > In any case, I've been meaning for a very long time to
            > get the schedules cleaned up and re-posted, in addition
            > to getting posted the remaining seasons. But it just
            > hasn't been able to happen yet. I'm trying to get this
            > back on the front burner but it hasn't worked out yet.
            >
            > So apologies to all those waiting for the remaining
            > seasons!
            >

            > Paul R.

            sorry didnt mean to say it like that. i was jus sayin how tha files
            are here in tha files section, tha csv files are layed out much
            better than tha schedules there. i had someone email me a link that
            had all schedules from 1901 to 2005 in a nice layout

            http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/showthread.php?
            t=85752&page=1&pp=20
          • schedulejunkie
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 31, 2005
              --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "trumadskills"
              wrote:

              > sorry didnt mean to say it like that. i was jus sayin
              > how tha files are here in tha files section, tha csv
              > files are layed out much better than tha schedules
              > there. i had someone email me a link that had all
              > schedules from 1901 to 2005 in a nice layout
              >
              > http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/showthread.php?
              > t=85752&page=1&pp=20

              No problem. And I'm familiar with the files at the
              link you mentioned, as those are my handiwork.

              Well, not entirely my handiwork, as someone on the boards
              there put together a utility which converted from my
              simple text file format into the format used in those
              files, along with generating a large number of statistics.

              Incidentally, the files there actually supercede the
              Retrosheet files in terms of accuracy, as they contain
              a number of corrections to errors which were found.
              Retrosheet will eventually get the updated information,
              but I haven't yet put the information through the proper
              channels. It's been on my to-do list for a long time
              but it keeps getting bumped in favour of other items.

              Paul R.