Re: [baseball-databank] BDB Status

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 21, 2005
      Sean Forman <sean-forman@...> wrote

      > I would say
      > that the maintenance and storage of the data would
      > be done in the DBMS. The data would then
      > be available in primarily plain-text csv, and then
      > any dbms formats that someone wants to provide a
      > script for creating.
      >
      > So on baseball-databank.org would be.
      >
      > BDB version 2005.12.14
      > --Zipped plain text (1MB) (only one guaranteed)
      . . .

      and in reply to Ted Turocy:

      > All table versions will be dumped into a plain-text
      > format csv format.

      OK. I didn't understand that.
      My remaining concern regarding baseball-databank is
      that data not yet utilized in the database should be
      distinguishable in some way. Perhaps it should be
      available in the Yahoo Groups space only (which is
      actually what I had presumed).

      Paul Wendt

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 21, 2005
        > > All table versions will be dumped into a plain-text
        > > format csv format.
        >
        > OK. I didn't understand that.
        > My remaining concern regarding baseball-databank is
        > that data not yet utilized in the database should be
        > distinguishable in some way. Perhaps it should be
        > available in the Yahoo Groups space only (which is
        > actually what I had presumed).
        >
        > Paul Wendt

        Well, I'm hoping that the turnaround on new data will drop from two
        years to two months, but yes, there should be someplace where it can be
        reviewed and tested.