Player height and weight

  • dsreyn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2005
      I recently discovered that Joe Cronin's height is not given in the
      Master table, and this got me wondering about how many players are
      missing either height or weight (or both). I expected it would mostly
      be obscure 19th century players, but it turns out that there are quite
      a few recent and/or significant players on the list. Just picking a
      few: Danny Cater, Bob Cerv, Ron Cey, Chris Chambliss, Mike Epstein,
      Bob Gibson, Dick Groat, Harvey Haddix, Billy Martin, Bill Mazeroski,
      Johnny Roseboro, and Willie Stargell.

      Is someone already working on biographical information? Also, what
      would be considered a good / authoritative source? A few that come to
      mind are the annual TSN Baseball Registers, the MacMillan Baseball
      Encyclopedia, and the Stats Inc. All-Time Major League Handbook.

      Doug