1884 Mets pitchers

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29 7:13 PM
      [31 Mar and 1 Apr messages quoted below]

      Cliff Blau answered to Retro19cBB that Lynch did relieve Keefe twice, not
      only July 2 but also

      > On June 17, Lynch relieved Keefe after 1 pitch, and completed the game.

      This confirms Kevin's guess.
      Lynch 55 55 53 2
      In the "official" statistics at Retrosheet, the necessary change is
      Lynch and team, 2 GF. (at least, if CG + GF = 1 for each game)

      Paul Wendt

      1 Apr 2005, Paul Wendt to bbdb,
      --- KJOK <kjokbaseball@...> wrote:
      > According to the Retrosheet Game Logs, Lynch only
      > started 53 games, not 55. My guess is that he
      > relieved Keefe twice during the year, so Lynch
      > should have 53 starts, 53 CG and 2 GF instead of 55
      > starts, 55 CG and 1 GF.
      >
      > THANKS,
      > Kevin Johnson

      There are mismatches between Retrosheet game logs and
      official statistics; not all have been double-checked
      in favor of the game logs. We at Retro19cBB need to
      check the 1884 Mets.

      Paul Wendt