Re: [baseball-databank] Next incorporation tasks - Nov. 30, 2004

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2004
      These are major changes that have not yet been made. All of the 2004
      data has been folded into the DB and it appears that everything is now
      up and kosher. I have posted the files to the site and people should
      test them and send me back any corrections. They passed all of the
      consistency checks posted on the site.

      http://www.baseball-databank.org/

      I'll be working on these things next. Keep the corrections coming.
      Anyone track down the Jose Canseco phantom IBB?

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2004
        --- Sean Forman <sean-forman@...>
        wrote:
        > Anyone track down the Jose Canseco phantom IBB?

        Sean, you may have missed my post on the topic:
        which lists all the IBB by Canseco

        The list of all IBB, by pitcher/batter/game:

        As well as this post:

        The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
        http://my.yahoo.com
      • Keith Hemmelman
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2004
          I hate to show my newbie ignorance like this, but when I don't know
          I figure it's best to ask.

          I downloaded the database from www.baseball1.com in MS Access 2000
          format. (That's pretty much the only format I'm able to stumble my
          way around in.)

          When you say you've included the data into the DB does that mean I
          should re-download the same Access 2000 file to get these updates?
          (I'm assuming not, but wanted to check to see if that file is
          updated with these types of additions/corrections.)

          If not, is there an easy way to update the Access file that I have
          with these types of updates? (Not a big deal if I can't but thought
          if there were a fairly easy way to do this, I would check into it.)

          --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, Sean Forman <sean-

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 2, 2004
            Keith Hemmelman wrote:

            > I hate to show my newbie ignorance like this, but when I don't know
            > I figure it's best to ask.
            >
            > I downloaded the database from www.baseball1.com in MS Access 2000
            > format. (That's pretty much the only format I'm able to stumble my
            > way around in.)
            >
            > When you say you've included the data into the DB does that mean I
            > should re-download the same Access 2000 file to get these updates?
            > (I'm assuming not, but wanted to check to see if that file is
            > updated with these types of additions/corrections.)
            >
            > If not, is there an easy way to update the Access file that I have
            > with these types of updates? (Not a big deal if I can't but thought
            > if there were a fairly easy way to do this, I would check into it.)

            The Access DB is handled by Sean Lahman and is based on this data, but
            is not maintained through the Baseball-Databank. I would encourage you
            to speak with him about any changes he might make.

            There was also a problem with unzipping the files. It was my fault. I
            uploaded the files as ASCII and not binary. It *should* be fixed now.
            I've been unable to download it and unzip it on my computer, but I would
            appreciate verification that the two versions unzip properly.

            Thank you.

          • lewsawyer
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 2, 2004
              I was able to successfully: