Problem in MASTER

  • anson2995
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
      Don't know if anybody has mentioned this, but the BirthState field in
      the master file is truncated. All but 2 or 3 players have a one-
      letter value in the field.

      Also, is anybody working on postseason data?

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2004
        Sean:

        I had planned on working on the Postseason Fielding data, but
        with "my Cardinals" playing until the last game of the season, and a
        deadline upcoming for park data for "Green Cathederals IV" I probably
        wouldn't be able to complete it until next week.

        --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "anson2995" <slahman@b...>
        wrote:

        > Don't know if anybody has mentioned this, but the BirthState field
        in
        > the master file is truncated. All but 2 or 3 players have a one-
        > letter value in the field.
        >
        > Also, is anybody working on postseason data?
        >
        > Regards,
        > Sean Lahman
      • Sean Lahman
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 5, 2004
          I will take care of the postseason batting and pitching this weekend, as
          well as the SeriesPost table. If anyone else has started this work, please
          let me know so I don't duplicate the effort.

          I'll also take care of updating the various awards tables over the next
          week, as the announcements come in.

          The other task remaining is to fix the BirthState info in the master table.
          Is there anything else that needs to be done to make the 2004 update
          complete?

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 10, 2004
            Sean:

            How are you designating the "ROUND" field for the division series, as
            far as which is #1 and which is #2? Is it:

            Team-Team-ROUND
            SLN - LAN - NLDS1
            ATL - HOU - NLDS2
            ANA - BOS - ALDS1
            NYA - MIN - ALDS2

            or some vice versa?

            Postseason fielding stats coming shortly..

            --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "Sean Lahman"

          • Sean Lahman
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 11, 2004
              This is fine with me...
              --S

            • Sean Lahman
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 11, 2004
                ...and I will upload the other postseason tables tonight. all that's
                remaining to make our 2004 update complete is the awards table (with the
                last awards not announced until Tuesday) and fixes to the birthstates in the
                master table.

              • Sean Lahman
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 12, 2004
                  Kevin,
                  Are you compiling the fielding data by hand? I just found out that MLB has
                  made that data available. I have a copy which I can send you if it would
                  help.

                  I'm having great trouble tracking down a few fields for pitchers (BFP, SH,
                  SF, GDP). I suspect I may have to manually go through all 34 games to get
                  the data. Any other suggestions?